Trinitas Classical School offers families across Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Kent County the opportunity to provide their elementary school aged children a rigorous and joyful classical education within a school committed to historic Christian faith. Our curriculum is designed not only to impart important information and tools that position students to succeed in life, but also to help our students see and care for all of God’s manifold creation through the eyes of Christ.
We prepare students for lives well-lived by engaging them in a classical education that features socratic dialogue and discovery. Classical education is distinguished by conversation around great ideas and the intentional cultivation of virtue. All subjects are approached three ways (Trivium in Latin) according to their own grammar, logic, and rhetoric. Instructional methods are grounded in questions appropriate to the child’s developmental aptitude at any given age.
Our students receive a challenging and joyful education that develops deep, critical thinkers who are self-directed and poised to achieve both academically and emotionally in higher education and in life.
Benefits of Trinitas Classical School’s Full-Time K-8 Program
- Classical – based on the Trivium
- Grammar, writing, and classic literature
- Latin beginning in the first grade
- Classical Greek beginning in seventh grade
- Narrative world history and primary source study
- Exemplary inquiry-based science program
- Internationally acclaimed math curriculum
- Art, music, and PE
- Intentional character education
- Critical thinking, logic, and public speaking